Laser Cutter & Etcher
Computer controlled laser used to cut or engrave precise designs into various materials
Also Known As...
- Laser engraver
What It's Used For
- Cutting materials such as wood, plastic, fabric, leather, cardboard, paper, rubber, and fiberglass.
- Engraving designs into wood, plastic, textiles, leather, glass, stone,
- Matte Board
- Vinyl Sheet
- Wood Composites
What Did People Use Before This Existed?
- Razor blade
- Jig saw
- Band Saw
- Wood burning tools
- Sand blasting equipment
Ease of Use
What workshop do I need to take to use this?
Epilog Laser - BSS (basic skills and safety)
To reserve time:
- You must have a valid membership at The Mill.
- Review the calendar below for availability.
- Then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your desired time slot.
- We will process all requests on a first come, first served basis. An open timeslot on the calendar below is not a guarantee of equipment availability.
- You may reserve this equipment for up to 4 hours a day with a personal weekly maximum of 12 hours of reserved time. If the schedule is open you may use the laser beyond 12 hours per week.