Shopbot CNC Router
A software guided, computer controlled robot that moves a rotating cutting tool through material.
What It's Used For
- Cutting precise shapes
- Cutting many repeated shapes
- Creating carved signs
- Creating large shapes like models
- Wood Composites
What Did People Use Before This Existed?
- Handheld router
- Hand Saw
- Band Saw
How Does It Work?
A rotating cutting tool is mounted on a moving robitic bridge over the material. Software controls the speed and direction of the cutting head.
Ease of Use
ShopBot Forum - The famous ShopBot Forum is one of the most active product-oriented forums on the web. A great place to ask questions about a project you're working on, a customization you're thinking about, or just to hang out.
The ShopBot wiki - The wiki is an archive of ShopBot information that is created and edited by ShopBotters...a ShopBot "encyclopedia" of sorts. It only works if enough people contribute and help out, so please check it out
Dr. ShopBot - a diagnostic wiki that supplements ShopBot support..check here first if you're having a support problem to see if it's already been covered by Dr ShopBot.
What workshop do I need to take to use this?
To reserve time:
- You must have a valid membership at The Mill.
- Review the calendar below for availability.
- Then email us at email@example.com to request your desired time slot.
- We will process all requests on a first come, first served basis. An open timeslot on the calendar below is not a guarantee of equipment availability.
- You may reserve this equipment for up to 4 hours a day with a personal weekly maximum of 12 hours of reserved time. If the schedule is open you may use the ShopBot beyond 12 hours per week.